[mrtg] Re: OID for snr on CM200 ?

Roman Hochuli r.hochuli at gpstechnik.ch
Mon Oct 30 14:45:46 MET 2000

hi dan

> I treid a few mib / OIDs floating around for the signal to noise ratio on the
> other modems, but the Cm2oo by Arris (Nortel) do not seem to like it.  Anyone
> have a specific one?

if they are using DOCSIS-standard try this:

out of RFC2670 (DOCS-IF-MIB):

--snip
docsIfSigQSignalNoise OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      TenthdB
        UNITS       "dB"
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Signal/Noise ratio as perceived for this channel.
             At the CM, describes the Signal/Noise of the downstream
             channel.  At the CMTS, describes the average Signal/Noise
             of the upstream channel."
        REFERENCE
            "DOCSIS Radio Frequency Interface specification,
             Table 2-1 and 2-2"
        ::= { docsIfSignalQualityEntry 5 }
--snap

--