[mrtg] Re: MRTG Made easy

Sarah Woerdeman swoerdeman at fbfs.com
Mon Oct 30 16:47:38 MET 2000

This is not so easy, however, it can be done. I have two MRTG servers that
target about 50 devices each (routers, switches, servers, workstations). I have
used Macro Mania (shareware from WinFiles) and a variety of text editing tools
(Multi, ConTEXT both from WinFiles) to create a macro that requires user input
and then will generate the cfg file (I use a seperate one for each device,
specific OIDs for each type of device), generate the index (if wanted), and will
also add it as a link on my web-site. This has taken a lot of hard work, due to
the fact that there can be many different cfgmaker's used to generate a desired
device cfg. If anyone has a better idea or example, new ideas are welcomed. But
for now this is working very well!

Mark Campbell <mark at uis.co.za> on 10/30/2000 09:37:28 AM