[mrtg] Re: MIB's question

Henry Steinhauer h1steinh at hewitt.com
Wed Sep 6 19:34:12 MEST 2000

Neil -

You dropped part of the great advertising  -

In order to graph Traffic - you ARE using MIBs.  It happens that in order to
graph that traffic, you do not need to know anything else about MIBs.

You are right though,  It is great that in order to use MRTG, you do not need to
know a lot about the devices or other MIB information.

For us - it has opened up the windows of conversation so people are talking
about the amount of traffic being sent instead of thinking that just because it
is slow, that it is because of slow traffic.   It is because of so much traffic
is being sent.

Henry