[mrtg] MRTG Error under Win2K

Matthew Alexander mpalexander at megawheels.com
Thu Sep 7 00:34:21 MEST 2000

	Hello,   I'm have a slight issue with running MRTG under Win2k.  I
get the following error when I try and do my final run -

C:\mrtg\run>perl mrtg mrtg.cfg
ERROR: Can't find location of mrtg executable
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mrtg line 57.

	Now, I've tinkered with the mrtg.cfg file (which built just fine
with a bit of messing around) and I get the error above.  I assumed at first
it was a problem with the "workdir" syntax in my configuration file but
found that it wasn't the issue.  I can't seem to find any documentation on
the above error.  I'd be happy to document anything I've done in order to
have this working under Win2k if anyone wants. This is my first attempt at
running the application manually.  I know the error seems pretty straight
forward here but I'm failing to understand what "other" mrtg executable it's
looking for.

	Thanks in advance and I look forward to any and all Flames, Burns
and Assistance. :)

Matthew Alexander
Senior Network and Data Security Analyst
Megawheels Inc.
D: +1 403 209-3779 | C: +1 403 714-6634
202, 255-17th Ave. SW - Calgary, AB

"43rd Law of Computing:
       Anything that can go wr
       fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped"