[mrtg] mrtg and remote scripts for linux.....

Jelle Beusen beusen25 at zonnet.nl
Tue Sep 12 15:01:21 MEST 2000

Hi everyone.....

Ok the following is what I wanne do...

I have mrtg 2.8.....

I have 2 freesco boxes and some linux and nt servers total is 8 and one isdn4linux router...

Now I have no snmp on most of these boxes....and am not able to put it on there either for various reasons...

So I was looking at the possibility for scripts that run and get the stats...well I have a local version just fine and it does what I wanat now I want it to collect from atleatst my freesco and my regular linux boxes the stats but I can not seem to figure out how to do this....

Now freesco has a limited command set so awk and such don't work ...it does fo all my other boxes...

I am stuck now as I have no rsh or what ever anybody ideas on how to get this to work maybe someone has it and wants to share the script....

at this time I get the stats for the local linux box where mrtg is running on by ding netstat -i | awk etc etc etc....

I have this for my target and I know I would need a script of some form to get this to go on remote systems but for my life I can not figure out how ....

PLEASE I NEED HELP ;-)