[mrtg] Re: Threshold Checking

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Wed Sep 13 09:46:06 MEST 2000

SHOLAAS Margaret G wrote:
> Mario Jorge de Sousa Freire wrote:
> > > Does anybody use MRTG Threshold Checking?
> > > I want to receive an e-mail whenever
> > > threshold value is achieved.
> > >
> > > Who can help me?
> >
> > Why can't you just help yourself? This is, as far as I can see, a
> > well documented feature:
> >
> > http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html
> >
> > Look near the end of the manual.
>
> I don't know why he could not have just told you where to look.
> Next time he asks a question, perhaps someone should tell him to find
> it himself, since the answer is undoubtedly somewhere on the Internet!
> Please don't let his rudeness stop you from asking questions.
> Your question (and his answer, except for the rudeness) was
> helpful to ME!

I'm afraid I miss your point here. I only tried to be helpful by
pointing out to him that the documentation contained what seemed
to be a good description of the feature. I also gave him the URL
to the documentation and told him where in the huge document he
could find it. The question mark in my answer was there in case
he had indeed looked in the manual, but found it to terse and
wanted more in depth information.

I can't se which part of my answer justifies your harsh response.

If I used some subtlety rude combination of words, I am sorry,
but english is not my native language and my understanding of it
is not very good.

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway