[mrtg] Protecting MRTG Files

Alan Rader arader at finishlines.com
Mon Sep 18 20:08:35 MEST 2000

Anyone have any experience with htpasswd?  I know this list is for MRTG, but
this has to do with me protecting access  :)

Anyway, I created the .htaccess file in the directory I want to protect.  I
then used the htpasswd to create the password file in the directory I wanted
it hidden in.  The .htaccess file points to that proper place.  But I can
still get to the page without it prompting me for a user and pass.  This in
on a unix based machine running apache.

Is there anything I am missing?  Do I need to start or stop or restart any
services or cron jobs?

Thanks for any help or if you have a good source for this topic, a link
would be great.

Alan Rader
Finish Line, Inc.
Network Administrator