[mrtg] Re: Running MRTG Multiple cfg files

Daniel R. Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Tue Sep 19 15:47:20 MEST 2000

yes, unix/linux would be much easier/better IMHO.

you can run mrtg from cron, and having as many configs as you want will not
cause noticeable differences (I did not notice any until getting to about
900 configs)

Also keep in mind that you can consolidate configs, just make sure they can
run in less than 5 minutes.......

At 07:46 AM 9/19/2000 -0500, Alan Rader wrote:

>Right now I have about 80 routers I want to monitor.  Eventually the count
>will be in the 400 range.  We are putting each of our retail stores on frame
>and hence will have a router at each location.  So I am looking for the best
>way to run all the config files.
>
>With this many planned, would I be better off doing this on a unix box?
>
>I already have a index page made.  Is this what the indexmaker does you are
>talking about?
>
>Thanks
>

>Alan Rader
>Finish Line, Inc.