[mrtg] Re: The "dir" parameter in 14all.cgi

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Wed Sep 20 11:46:12 MEST 2000

In article <OF14862083.15B3E201-ONC1256960.002B3BA3 at martinsson.se>,
	mattias.lillieskold at martinsson.se ("Mattias Lilliesköld") writes:
> Does anyone have a example how to use the "dir" parameter with 14all.cgi ?
> I have done som experiments but it doesn't work for me.

When 14all creates the index pages it puts every target with the same
"Directory[...]:" setting on one index page. I.e. if you call 14all like

      .../14all.cgi?dir=york

than it will show an index with the targets with directory "york". If
you want to get the page of a target you mustn't give a dir parameter:
target names are global in mrtg so the dir param isn't needed.

(-> you cannot use the dir parameter to build your own hierarchy)

Does this answer your question? How do you want to use the dir
parameter?

Rainer
Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de