[mrtg] Re: Flat-lining W/O Rate Drop or Outage

Jeff Liebermann jeffl at comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Fri Sep 22 04:04:41 MEST 2000

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 06:34:48PM -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> 2.  MRTG has the bad habit of graphing horizontal lines, when
> there is no data.  If you just pull the plug on the network
> for an hour, you will get a nice flat line from whatever was
> the last recorded value.  The option:
> 	Options[_]: UnknAsZero
> was invented to fix this problem (and to get me to stop
> complaining about it).

Yech.  I just noticed that you're using MRTG 2.5.4.  I guess
using a 2 year old version offers some kind of benifits, but
methinks that upgrading to 2.8.12 might constitute an improvement.
In any case, the UnKnAsZero option will NOT work with your
2.5.4 version.

--
# Jeff Liebermann  Liebermann Design  150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz  CA  95060
# 831.336.2558 voice   831.426.1240 fax   831.421.6491 digital_pager