[mrtg] new to mrtg nad have a couple of questions

Domain Reg. @meganet.net domainreg at meganet.net
Fri Sep 22 15:16:42 MEST 2000

Ok, I got mrtg working, somewhat. First, the --global option did not work
for me so I just used --workdir --options etc, which setup the cfg file. I
did add RunAsDaemon:Yes on the file was created.
I have use makeindex to generate an index file. I have changed the
index.html's background by editing that file. Now when I click on the
specific interface, the screen that comes up has the boring white
background. How do I change this without having to edit the html for that
interface by hand, can it be done automatically.

When I first created the cfg file I only added one of our bordercore
routers. I assume if I wanted to add more I could just recreate the config
file or make another directory with another cfg, so that each directory is a
different router ( can I run multiple daemons with different cfg's). If I
wanted multiple routers on one config file, could I do the following.
./cfgmaker options here public at router1 public at router2 > mrtg.cfg

My last question is I want to list description names instead interface #'s,
when I tried --ifref=descr while making the config i got an error, can I add
this to the config file once its created and where.

TIA, paul A