[mrtg] ...gd installation problems...

Julien Borne julien.borne at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Tue Apr 3 15:48:53 MEST 2001

Rahhh... I didn't know it would be so hard to follow instructions...
After all the problems i got, i'm finally installing gd.
And here are other problems, when I try to 'make':

# make INCLUDEDIRS="-I. -I../zlib -I../libpng" LIBDIRS="-L../zlib -L.
-L../libpng" LIBS="-lgd -lpng -lz -lm"
gcc -I. -I../zlib -I../libpng -O -DHAVE_LIBPNG -DHAVE_LIBJPEG  -c
gd_jpeg.c
gd_jpeg.c:26: jpeglib.h: Ce fichier ou ce répertoire n'existe pas
gd_jpeg.c:27: jerror.h: Ce fichier ou ce répertoire n'existe pas
gd_jpeg.c:193: #error IJG JPEG library BITS_IN_JSAMPLE value must be 8
or 12
gd_jpeg.c:368: #error IJG JPEG library BITS_IN_JSAMPLE value must be 8
or 12
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gd_jpeg.o'

Wow, nice, huh? (for non-french speakers [;-)], that means it can't find
jpeglib.h and jerror.h) So I tried to look at the index.html, i saw it
may be useful to install jpeg-6b, so I did it, tried to make again, same
thing, tried to change my PATH to show the good target where jpeglib.h
is located (jpeg-6b actually)... no way.
Do I have to change something in my Makefile? or with the make command?

Thanks again to everyone!

Julien