[mrtg] Re: Problem with MRTG 2.9.10 log file and decimals

Chris Thomas CThomas at ucla.edu
Wed Apr 4 19:59:01 MEST 2001

At 04:52 PM 4/3/2001, Grendel wrote:
>Hi,
>         This is how rateup deals with decimals passed to it by the mrtg Perl
>executable. To get around this, you need to edit the mrtg Perl
>executable itself and find the right place to tell it to round any
>numbers it finds. I've attached the patch I wrote up on a Solaris
>install of the same version.

James,

Thanks much for the explanation and fix.  I'll try to figure out how to
apply it to the NT version.

Do you know if Tobi plans to distribute your fix, or is he counting on
everyone migrating to rrdtool?  This bug is going to hit anyone doing
temperature in metrically challenged countries like the U.S...

To anyone with this particular bug, you can temporarily bypass the failure
by using a conversion like F = C * 2.0 + 26.  This will give you an integer
value for F which is reasonably correct over the limited temperature range
of 25c-40c which are normally found in equipment.  (I know it's a kludge,
but it's better than no graphical data at all.)

/Chris Thomas, UCLA