[mrtg] Re: measuring protocol distributions

Grendel grendel at interq.ad.jp
Fri Apr 6 04:30:07 MEST 2001

Hello,
	Per protocol? Well, depending on the device involved, that information
might be available via SNMP through some branch other than the basic
interfaces one that cfgmaker uses. If you can look up the OIDs yourself,
you can use MRTG to monitor just about anything that can be expressed as
a gauge or counter. (Perhaps we should have an ugly pageant for
complicated MRTG target OIDs.) My own problem today is figuring out
exactly why my predecessor used the transmission branch instead of
interfaces for frame relay links....

Best regards,
James Overbeck
GMO - http://www.gmo.co.jp/