[mrtg] Re: How many forks??

Claude Sherman CSherman at latinet.net
Wed Apr 11 16:27:06 MEST 2001

I'm using forks in the include file and it works just fine for me. As to the
number of forks, you should determine that for your own installation. The
speed of the host machine, the speed of the communication links and
equipment can affect the speed of the operation. The main thing is use
sufficient forks so that all sessions end before the time that the session
runs again.
I have a similar setup to yours and am using 4 forks. It slows other
programs during the time all forks are up so could be better to use less.

On Wednesday, April 11, 2001 5:51 AM, Omar Abas
[SMTP:oabas at dingoblue.net.au] wrote:
> Just wondering how many forks would be optimal for my setup, there are
approximately 400 devices.
> Also do i put the "forks" statement in EACH cfg file or only in the
include file??