[mrtg] Re: mrtg creating .png files but not .gif

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Mon Apr 16 20:32:29 MEST 2001

At 12:50 PM -0500 4/16/01, <charles at lunarmedia.net> wrote:
>hello everyone,
>i recently upgraded libgd on my machine from 1.2 to 1.8
>as a result i recompiled mrtg. after recompiling, mrtg and rateup appear
>to be working correctly, however the .gif graph files are not being
>created, rather only .png files are being created.
>
>is this a simple fix? something that is in the manual and i have glazed
>over?

There were very ugly licensing/patent issues with regard to GIF's
that many software makers (including the people who wrote libgd)
decided to forego by eliminating GIF's entirely.

As a format, PNG's are better than GIF's anyway, so it is really a
nobrainer. Simply change *.gif to *.png in your HTML and you're good
to go. :)