[mrtg] Monitor Hardware on linux or win32 os

Andre stuff at emailco.co.za
Wed Apr 18 12:32:24 MEST 2001

Howdy,

My first posting to this list, that I've been on for about 2 months. Very
helpful!
But still very much a newbie ... I am presently experimenting with
monitoring Win NT/2000 machines.

Now my question to all the guru's or RRDTool and MRTG on linux or win32
platforms:
I'd like to monitor hardware, like serial ports, cpu fans, temperatures ...
etc ... all via SNMP by my monitor server.

What OID numbers do I use or do I have to compile in MIB's ??
Maybe someone can redirect me to a webpage that I can read up on how ?

Thanks
Andre