[mrtg] Re: Livingston Portmaster 2E

Paul Darius paul at RanahMinang.Net
Tue Apr 24 11:23:21 MEST 2001

I see.. hmm.. I got bad english.. sometime hard for me to understand the
reason.

SNMP_Session.pm found at c:\mrtg\lib\mrtg2. Copied into c:\perl\lib...
same messages appear.. but the different is SNMP_Session.pm changes into
BER.pm.
that file also founded at the same directory.. copied into c:\perl\lib...

An error messages change into :
SNMP Error:
receiving response PDU: Unknown error
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "hostname.domain" [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx].161)
community : "community"
request ID : 2130714423
PDU bufsize : 8000 bytes
timeout: 2s
retries: 5
backoff: 1)
No answer from community at hostname.domain. You may be using the wrong
community

Warning: Could not get any data from external command
'c:\perl\bin\PMLines.pl community at hostname.domain'
Maybe the external command did not even start. (No such file or directory)

I did recheck the community name at my Livingston with command 'show table
snmp', but the same messages still appear.

What's else could cause the problem ?

Also... mrtg.cfg.demo attach at PMLines directory contain multiple legends.
May I just delete another legends that I will not use ? Or.. can someone
send me mrtg.cfg that already well run with Livingston PM2e ?

Regards'

Paul