[mrtg] [Fwd: Re: short perl question]

David Gabler dgabler at truelink.com
Tue Apr 24 17:08:38 MEST 2001

A couple of ways you can solve this problem.

1. with a crafted regex etc.
      I don't have the brain cells functioning currently for this.  I am
sure some one one this list does though.

2. with a split
     @sVal = split/\s+/, $valueThatWasBeingReturnedBefore;
      return $sVal[1];  # It should be 1  test to make sure.

3. N more ways

I would suggest getting the learning perl book from O'Riley (The llama
book)  It has been the best investment I made in a book on perl for me.
It is a
great ref manual as well.  At times it is even better than the camel
book (to me)

David