[mrtg] no correct values with perl-script

Christian.Heßmann Christian.Hessmann at magelan.net
Wed Apr 25 17:21:27 MEST 2001

Hello list,

maybe you're remembering my last problem, I tried to get the in- and
outbound traffic of subinterfaces.
Well, it took me some time, but I made a perl-script which gets me a result
like this:

191708872
812342734
17 days, 18:07:35
MAGR01

and about 5 minutes later:

191737089
812367755
17 days, 18:12:08
MAGR01

the two values are in- and out-traffic in bytes since the start of the
router.
As you can see, there's not much traffic on the line (it's a
64k-ISDN-leased-line).

My mrtg.cfg looks like this:

### --------------------------------------------------------------
### Traffic BRI0:1

Target[traffic_bri01]: 'cisco.pl'
MaxBytes[traffic_bri01]: 8000
Title[traffic_bri01]: Traffic BRI0:1
PageTop[traffic_bri01]: <H1>Traffic BRI0:1</H1>
Options[traffic_bri01]: growright

Problem:
1. There is no info about router uptime and name on the HTML-File, it looks
exactly the same, whether I use the option noinfo or not. Why?

2. mrtg does not see any traffic, the graph and statistic-values are
remaining 0?!? Only if I change the MaxBytes-value to something around
100000000000000, I get bigbig traffic-values (around 3MB/sec), which
couldn't be true, IMHO.

I'm sure there has to be an easy solution, but I'm too stupid to see it.
Thanks for any help.

Oh yes, my MRTG-version is 2.9.7 and 2.9.10 on win32, which made no
difference... :(

--
cu Christian