[mrtg] Re: snmpget problem

Mike Koch Mike.Koch at etsi.fr
Thu Apr 26 09:46:15 MEST 2001

Hello,

a snmpwalk will find everything "deep" after the OID you give: snmpwalk
.1.3.6 will give you all the MIB tree starting with .1.3.6 -> .1.3.6.1.....
.1.3.6.2....  etc...

a snmpget requests a SPECIFIC OID: if you specify a "root" of the tree and
not an "end", it will not work: in your example you need to type:
snmpget switch01 public enterprises.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.3.1
Note it ends with the .1   you could have seen this with the end of the
result returned by snmpwalk.

I Hope that you understand me, I find it difficult to explain this in my
poor French English....