[mrtg] Re: WindowsME

Matthew Thompson matthewt at fairplay.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 12:40:03 MEST 2001

> > I have set up MRTG on both Win95 and WinNT box at work
> (both working fine), but I am having a problem with WindowsME.
> >
> > I am able to create the script using cfgmaker, but I get
> 'Bad command or filename' when I try to run 'perl  mrtg  local.cfg.
> >
> > When I run 'perl mrtg' it complains about no config-file,
> so I know the path is set correctly.

> What program do you use for have SNMP service in a windowsMe box?
> In a NT box I think you use the SNMP service that comes in the
> installation CD,don´t you?

You don't need SNMP services on a box to run MRTG on it, only to use MRTG to
gather information about the box.

Just to make sure the mrtg config file does exist where you think it does?
Also make sure that windows is not hiding the file's extension - it may be
that the file is named mrtg.cfg.cfg or similar.

M at t :o)