[mrtg] Re: HTTP OIDs on Cisco

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 20:31:23 MEST 2001

Daniel,

Thank you for the quickie lesson in Cisco Committed Access Rate (CAR).

Your explanation cleared up a lot of haze in my understanding.

I also went out to CCO and found this document on CAR
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios111/cc111/car.htm
- But they didn't cover how the MIB variables worked. Your instruction
helped me tie that piece in.

Thanks!
Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Fleet Mortgage (soon to be Wash. Mutual)    Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?

>Nabil wrote:
> >I want to monitor all http traffic on our routers, do you guys know the
> >OIDs?  We have mix Cisco routers (25xx, 36XX and 7XXX).
>

>I Replied:
> >If you are running fairly recent code, you can use CAR to tag all of this
> >traffic and monitor it.
>
>Patrick followed up:
> >As I understand Nabil's original question, he is looking to monitor all
>the
> >http through a router and graph it. Would a CAR work in this instance?
>Isn't
> >a CAR set to limit traffic? I don't think he wants to limit the traffic,
> >just measure it.

[big, informative, explanation of how Committed Access Rate works - deleted
so I don't get busted by the over-quoteing police]