[mrtg] MRTG & W2k RAS

art news news4art at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:40:45 MEST 2001

I am also trying to monitor number of RAS connections on W2k. Any help will
be greatly apprecited.

------------------------------

From: "John Coffeen" <John.Coffeen at trcinc.com>
Subject: [mrtg] MRTG & W2k RAS
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:08:55 -0400

Has anyone had any success with monitoring RAS traffic on a Win2k box?

In upgrading our NT4.0 RAS server to Win2k I've lost the RAS Throughput that
was monitored by MRTG. Or, should I say, I didn't "lose" it, it just can't
be found. In short, the interface for RAS, formerly known as the NdisWan
Adapter under NT4.0 does not exist under Win2k. Attempting to use the
interface OID assigned to the RAS interface does not work and the old RAS
OID's do not correlate with Win2k's newer Routing and RAS functions.