[mrtg] Re: VPN issue resolved

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Aug 2 22:17:40 MEST 2001

If you want to make it even more efficient, take out the growright.
That's done by default.

Paul

>>> Christopher Poetzel <cpoetzel at achilles.ctd.anl.gov> 08/02/01 03:01PM >>>

Okay,

so the answer is yes, 14all.cgi can do 'gauge' option.
My problem (know that i look at it i can't believe i didn't
see it)  was that in my cfg i used the line

Options[X.X.X.X_rmtsessions]: gauge, growright, bits

Mrtg by default thinks everying is in bytes.  If you give it
the bits option, it will multiply the snmp respnse by 8.
So when i had one user logged on it was reporting i had 8.

So it should be

Options[X.X.X.X_rmtsessions]: gauge, growright

This seemed to have solved the problem.  I should have the VPN config out
by the end of the day.

Chris Poetzel
cpoetzel at anl.gov
argonne national lab