[mrtg] Mirroring Hosts

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Fri Aug 3 16:08:49 MEST 2001

Hi:

I'm monitoring a couple of widely seperated markets with a couple of
routers and servers serving each.  Currently a central point collects all
of the data, and displaying the information is no problem.  However, I'm
looking at distributing the load to a dedicated box on each local segment.
I'm trying to find a solution for retaining the same display on the
central host.  I would like to either transparently redirect them to the
localhost, or continue to have all pages displayed off of the central box.
I'd prefer to have everything display on the central box, and I'm
trying to craft an PERL LWP agent that would proxy the requests.

Has anyone done something similar to this?  Any ideas insights on what may
be good design decisions, implementation hints, existing solutions, etc...

thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy at chartermi.net