[mrtg] Re: rrdtool / nt

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Mon Aug 6 20:46:42 MEST 2001

Wow. You seriously cannot tell from the message? I personally love errors this clear - the error message tells you EXACTLY what is wrong.

Let's break it down:

	Can't locate loadable object for module RRDs in @INC

I would assume that this means that MRTG cannot locate a loadable object for module RRDs which is required for it to run.

	(@INC contains: E:\rrdtool\perl-shared\blib\lib\ e:/mrtg/bin\..\lib\mrtg2 e:/mrtg/bin E:/Perl/lib E:/Perl/site/lib .)

I would assume that this means that MRTG is looking for said 'lodable objects' in the previously listed paths.

Doing a little bit of reading (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-rrd.html) should tell you that MRTG needs, and I quote:
	"MRTG needs access to both the RRDtool perl module RRDs.pm and to the rrdtool executable."

Look at that page to see how to fix it.

<aside>
	Learning to read documentation will make your job as an admistrator TONS easier. RTFM, RTFM, everybody please RTFM. This way you do not have to wait for an answer from other people that are very busy and/or just ignore your message as a simple case of RTFM (as I almost did). Errors like this are pretty self-descriptive, and the answer is available in the docs. A perfect case of where RTFM is a proper response IMHO.
</aside>

Michel Renfer extolled:

> Hi all!
>
> If try to run rrdtool with mrtg i recieve the following error message:
>
> Can't locate loadable object for module RRDs in @INC (@INC contains:
> E:\rrdtool\
> perl-shared\blib\lib\ e:/mrtg/bin\..\lib\mrtg2 e:/mrtg/bin E:/Perl/lib
> E:/Perl/s
> ite/lib .) at e:\mrtg\bin\mrtg line 159
> Compilation failed in require at e:\mrtg\bin\mrtg line 159.
>
> Any hints?
>
> greetings,
> michel
>
> --