[mrtg] 14all.cgi or Cricket

Keith Olmstead kolmstea at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 6 23:57:53 MEST 2001

Hello,

I am working on upgrading our current mrtg and in the process I was
wondering what is better for my situation.  I am trying to monitor 100+
Cisco routers, 2500 all the way up to 7500 series; Cisco switches, Cisco
5200s and 5300s, Lucent Portmasters, Redback Bras boxes, and Cisco Cache
engines.

I am currently working on getting the box working with rrdtool+front
end.  My problem is with what front end would be the best for me.  I have
read that Cricket is good for Cisco devices, but 14all.cgi is good all
around.  Is this true??

What is your suggestion.  I have never used rrdtool and a cgi front end so
all of this new to me and is very confusing.  Trying to read as much as I
can.  I do know that rrdtool is working because of the example that I ran
on the developer web site.

Thanks,

Keith Olmstead
CenturyTel Network