[mrtg] Re: Maxbytes values

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Aug 8 13:48:09 MEST 2001

David,

I *think* MaxBytes1 refers to the In data (green) and MaxBytes2 to the Out (blue).  No need ti have two different graphs.  Of course, you can't have two different scales - yet.   So you probably won't see either In or Out, depending on which one is lower (if they are vastly different)

Paul

>>> David Sawyer <david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com> 08/08/01 05:39AM >>>

> Hi!
> Is there a way to make different maxbytes values for in and out data.
> Eksample: a 1024/256 kbit connection. When the amount of data reaches
> 256kbit/sek the shown in % is of cause 25. I Know that it is because I
> defined
> 128 Kytes/sek in maxbytes field. I wish to use 2 different 100% values,
> one for
> incoming and one for outgoing data.

You could use the MaxBytes1 & MaxBytes2 options.

But they will count for both variables, a snippet from the reference
manual...

"If you need two different MaxBytes values for the two monitored variables,
you can use MaxBytes1 and MaxBytes2 instead of MaxBytes."

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.