[mrtg] Port selective traffic viewing

Florent florent at arcimex.com
Mon Aug 13 10:52:17 MEST 2001

Hi,
I have just written a little perl script for use with iptables to monitor with mrtg a dedicated port traffic.
iptables_acc come with some packages of mrtg but I found it wasn't very generic.
My script is based on a counting chain containing rules of what might be mrtg'ed and use the /etc/services file.
I actually use it on a linux firewall to view the web,smtp... specific traffic.

If some are interested, I can send the script and some advises on how to make it work (little help since it is very to understand its workong).

Florent