[mrtg] Re: Adding a mib file to MRTG?

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Mon Aug 13 16:39:52 MEST 2001

An included MIB is used to enable you to use the name of the OID instead of
the number in the target line.

A snippet from the reference.html doc...

# ------------[snip]
LoadMIBs
Load the MIB file(s) specified and make its OIDs available as symbolic
names. For better efficiancy (Tobi: shouldn't this be efficiency :-)  ), a
cache of MIBs is maintained in the WorkDir.

Example:

 LoadMIBs: /dept/net/mibs/netapp.mib,/usr/local/lib/ft100m.mib

I could have just said RTFM, but I'm in a good mood today :-)

Dave

> [...]
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.