[mrtg] Re: 14all.cgi interval

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Aug 16 15:14:41 MEST 2001

I didn't say it would produce the desired results...I just gave instructions
on how to tell 14all to do a 2 minute interval.  Surely, the user will knowh
 ow to modify mrtg to collect (and store) 2 minute samples in the
apprpriate rrd file (said with a hint of sarcasm).  If the samples storeda
 re still in 5 minute increments, the graph will look exactly the same
as putting a 300 second increment instead of 120, because, well,
there is no RRA that matches, so it will grab the 300 second one.
Or maybe it is doing a 2 minute interval, but since the data is in 5
minute intervals, is does pretty much what you say...

Unless you're talking about the second part about 5 minute interval
for 4 hours... (ie, in grapparams put 4hour => ['-4h', 'now',300]). But I
think it's the first part.

>>> David Sawyer <david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com> 08/16/01 08:46AM >>>

> Ummm, why?  If you are using MRTG to collect the data, it will be in
> 5 minute increments anyway.  If you insist, you can add a graphparam
> to define how long of a sample you want (120s in your case) together
> with the start (probably something like -12h) and end (like now) and
> when you call 14all, just add the key &png=whatever, where whatever
> is what you defined the graphparam as.
>
> BTW, it's interesting to do this for the 5 minute interval for a 4 hour>
  period...gives some pretty good detail.

Are you sure?

(please forgive the minus signs, formatting gets screwed otherwise)

MRTG 5min --|-----14all
Time stamp ---|----- 2min avg
0300->0600 --|------ 0300->0420
----------------|------ 0420->0530

Surely, the 2min avg between 0300 and 0420 will be the same as
0420 to 0530 as it's within the same 300 second poll?

The only difference will be when the 3rd 2min avg will be calculated as it
may take part (or all) of the 0300->0600 and 0600->0900 time stamps (which
may give incorrect values).

But I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time I posted a load of
drivel on this list, lol.

> Can someone help me to change graphing at 2 min  interval on 14all.cgi?

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.