[mrtg] Re: Strings

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Aug 17 17:02:14 MEST 2001

I've thought about how to do that too.

Seems as if it would be neat to be able to have a script run
for the name of the Title or PageTop vars instead of having
them hard-coded.  Maybe change the code in mrtg where
the Title information is written to be the result of the
OID string?

Or, you could always do something on the
web server side of things, like run an snmpget when the
html (asp, php?) page is called and populate the fields
on the fly....so many ideas, so little time...

Paul

>>> <McQuaidFD at bordenchem.com> 08/17/01 10:50AM >>>

I have an OID that returns a string from a router and  would like to
display it in the header of the MRTG graphs.
The is similar to the system uptime that is displayed in the header of the
graphs.
I looked threw the FAQ's but didn't see anything.
Has anyone done this and if so could you please give me an example.

Thanks
Frank McQuaid
BCI NOC
Borden Chemical