[mrtg] MRTG Graphs stop updating

Pheng, Conrad justin at arbros.com
Wed Aug 22 17:26:20 MEST 2001

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody out there can help me with this "annoying" problem.
I'm running mrtg on a Solaris 2.6 box with ssh and some home made scripts to
collect performance data from remote Solaris servers (instead of snmp).  I
have about 160 targets in 11 cfg files. The problem I have is that the mrtg
graphs would stop updating every 2 or 3 days. I'm running mrtg as a daemon
with the "RunAsDaemon:Yes".  All processes are still running but the graph
would stop updating.  The only way to correct this is to kill the mrtg
processes and re-run it again.

I would appreciated very much if someone could shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Conrad S. Pheng
Sr. Network Analyst
ARBROS Communications, Inc.