[mrtg] Re: Windows NT SNMP Monitoring

Gerlak, Matthew GerlakM at diebold.com
Fri Aug 24 14:16:28 MEST 2001

TO all you NTER's

I been working on creating graphs to monitor my Windows NT 4.0
Servers. I am using Mrtg 2.9.17, on a windows 2000 server, with
Rddtools and 14all.cgi. My hardware is Dell and Mostly hp lh4.
I have a couple of questions.

Is 14all.cgi the best frontend for displaying NT Server stats or
Is there another one.

 Two my current graph monitors about 12 objects on each server.
Does any one know what kind of overhead I am putting on my
Servers by querying SNMP. It seems that I just started wanting
To monitor about 4 items and now we are just getting carried away
And these guys over here want me to setup about 6-7 more items per
Server to monitor. I am just wanting to know if I am going to kill my
Servers by monitoring so much.

Does any one have any good info on monitoring LH4's? I
Have loaded the agents off of the hp website and configured
The MIBS but It just doesn't seem to collect data when I am
Using GETIF any suggestions?

Matt