[mrtg] Re: Too many hosts in single mrtg config files

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:22:25 MEST 2001

Gaurav,

Tony and Alex have given excellent advice.

I would add my $.02 and say you may wish to break up the config file for
display purposes.

Each config file could have a seperate WorkDir global. These seperate
directories could then be displayed with seperate web index pages. For
example, you could organize all your routers in one cfg each with it's own
Directory statement. You would then group your targets by config file, and
within config file, you can further sub-group them by Directory. If you
follow Alex's advice and use rrdtool, you would probably use 14all as your
cgi engine. It will show all the targets in one config file that have
different directorys as seperate lines. You then can choose which group of
targets to display.

HTH,
Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, SCE, CCNP, CCDA Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Washington Mutual Home Loans, Inc (Formerly Fleet Mortgage)Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?