[mrtg] Compression Statistics for Cisco AIM Compression Module

KELLY David (NQ) david.kelly at ergon.com.au
Wed Aug 29 07:27:30 MEST 2001

I am trying to graph the compression statistics for the AIM compression
module on a Cisco 3660 router.  I am using OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.57.1.1.1.1.8
for the compression and OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.57.1.1.1.1.9 for decompression
statistics.  The OIDs are supposed to give you the percentage of
compression.  This seems to work fine as the value returned seems realistic.
However after graphing for some time I have noticed that the graphs
continually grow in an upward direction until it eraches a peak of about 25%
then drops down to 0% then grows to about 25% and drops back etc.  As the
png files are on an intranet server I am unable to include a picture.
The question - Is anyone graphing compression stats for a Cisco, if so how.
I dont think that this is an MRTG problem as when I do an SNMP get I get the
same results.
Dave Kelly
Network Systems Administrator
Ergon Energy

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please
notify the sender or helpdesk at ergon.com.au immediately, and delete all
copies. Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution
of this e-mail by an unintended recipient is prohibited. Ergon Energy
accepts no responsibility for the content of any e-mail sent by an employee
which is of a personal nature.