[mrtg] Incorrect values given on 'average'

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Wed Aug 29 15:08:57 MEST 2001

Yesterday I added all my routers to MRTG/RRDTool/14all to graph errors,
using my GUI script maker took no time at all :-)

But when I look at the graphs I notice the max and current values are
correct but the average values are showing silly values below is my config
and the daily graph.

#---------[start]
Target[war-walsall-errors]:
1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14\Serial0&1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.20\Serial0:public at 10.1.1.1
Options[war-walsall-errors]: growright, perhour, nopercent, integer,
unknaszero
MaxBytes[war-walsall-errors]: 1000
AbsMax[war-walsall-errors]: 10000
XSize[war-walsall-errors]: 600
Kilo[war-walsall-errors]: 1000
Suppress[war-walsall-errors]: MY
YLegend[war-walsall-errors]: Errors
ShortLegend[war-walsall-errors]: Errors
Legend1[war-walsall-errors]: Inbound errors per hour
Legend2[war-walsall-errors]: Outbound errors per hour
Title[war-walsall-errors]: Errors for Walsall
PageTop[war-walsall-errors]: <H1>Walsall</H1>
#---------[end]

I have just added the same configs to use MRTG/Rateup and everything is
fine.

Is there an issue using 14all and the perhour option?
ie do you run into problems like this if there isn't much data to be
graphed?

 <<errors-daily.png>>

David Sawyer
E-Mail: David.Sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Web: http://www.geocities.com/mrtg_daemon

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Size: 3k (3394 bytes)