[mrtg] Re: Cisco Routing Table

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Aug 29 17:08:43 MEST 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, [iso-8859-1] Badiel Kante wrote:

> Hello again and thank you for your prompt feedback
>
> What we hope to "display"  is the exact output of the
> show command : sh ip route.
>
> I tought that we can also display "flat text" with
> MRTG like the descrption of the interface etc ...
>
> We don't need to graph the routing table but just
> display it on a web page when someone run mrtg on a
> specific time

MRTG is the wrong tool for this.  A server-side include on the web server
that calls an expect script or SNMP fetch of the routing table would be
more suitable.

It will take some scripting.  There are some useful items in the MRTG
contrib directory that will help point you in the right direction.  Take
a look at cisco_tftp which fetches the configuration.  This could likely
be modified to fetch the routing table for import to a web page.

I wouldn't attempt to have MRTG itself do this, however.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323