[mrtg] rrdfetch ?

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Thu Aug 30 16:05:08 MEST 2001

So, I am trying to understand the rrdfetch option a little better to do some reporting the "higher ups" want. Basically, they want a web page that has just text reading the AVERAGE, MIN and MAX for several things I am monitoring with mrtg/rrdtool daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.

Any ideas/suggestions/flames about how I can go about getting that info?

I have done something similar to report high usage on modems. I basically do this:

/usr/local/bin/rrdtool fetch /path.to.specified/rrd MAX | cut -f4 -d ' ' | grep + | sort -te +1 | tail -1

This seems to show the MAX just right, but I need AVERAGE and MIN too.....I may be braindead today (no caffeine yet), but I cannot seem to wrap my brain around it...

--
Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at corecomm.com
CoreComm Systems Engineering