[mrtg] Re: Multiple devices - One Graph - Many Colours

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Aug 31 15:39:05 MEST 2001

This can't be done with MRTG.  Not even if you switch over to RRDTool.  Take mrtg out of the mix, and use Cricket/RRDTool or something else/RRDTool.

You may be able to use MRTG to collect the data, but I don't know how you would use that data to be combined into a single graph with one of the other frontends already out there.

Paul
>>> "Andre Coetzee" <andrec at emailco.co.za> 08/31/01 09:32 AM >>>

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me out, I have been experimenting with
everything possible.

We have seperation of our internet line to different servers. Web Servers,
Mail Servers, etc.
Just for background.

What I want to do, is graph bandwidth used (IN/OUT) from serveral servers on
one graph with
different colors on MRTG ? or do I need RRDTool ??

They can all be on top of each other, but max a line at predifined max on
graph but serval
colors leading up to that max.

SNMP is activated on all devices, all I need to know is :

Can it be done with MRTG ?
What would I need to put into .cfg file to do so ?

Thanks
Andre