[mrtg] Getting target stats once per day

Ian Baker idb at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 6 21:17:59 MET 2001

I'm certain that this is a FAQ, but I've not been able to find it
anywhere, so apologies in advance.

I have an external target that updates it's information only once per
day.  The target is a constantly growing counter of the number of
connections made to our server.  I'd like to use MRTG to track this stat,
and to calculate the connections per day, but I'd need to modify the
connection interval from every 5 mins to only once per day.  Is this
possible, and if so where can I find details on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Ian