[mrtg] Re: can't get work 'gauge' option

Alex Antropoff alex at tirastel.md
Sat Dec 8 01:04:39 MET 2001

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 12:33:27AM +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> Alex Antropoff wrote:
>
> > I'm using external script for generation of modem pool load,
> > and can't get work gauge option, current/max/min values are zero.
>
> > Target[mpool]: `/usr/local/sbin/getstat.mpool`
>
> Looks OK at first.  Perhaps this script does work from the command
> line while it does not from within MRTG when running from cron.
> Make sure all programs, scripts, filters and whatever can be found,
> the best is to use absolute paths (i.e. /usr/bin/grep, not just grep).
>
> > getstat.mpool is script which out lines like:
> > 9
> > 9
> > 15 days, 11:51
> > my.host.com
>
> Looking good again.
>
> The first line of your log file should show you the values you
> collected with this script.  If they are not showing proper values
> then something's wrong when trying to call this script.
The data in log is correct, but it looks like option gauge is emitted :-/
After first start of mrtg log is ok, but after next runs log looks like:
1007769601 0 0
1007769601 0 0 0 0
1007769343 2 2 3 3
1007769300 0 0 0 0
1007769000 0 0 0 0
1007768700 0 0 0 0
1007768400 0 0 0 0
During all time of test values from script were equal to 3.
As I understand, such log can be when mrtg uses values as incremental
counters. I've run mrtg with debugging and seen what rateup is called
properly(with flag g), but rotating isn't correct :-(.

--
Regards,
Alex Antropoff