[mrtg] Max number of possible Calls on Cisco AS5300

Albinati, Luis Martin Albo at prima.com.ar
Thu Dec 13 18:47:21 MET 2001

Hi,
I know this subject has probably been discussed earlier on the list but i've
searched my mails and the web and haven't found something dealing with this.
My issue is the following:
I have several Cisco AS5300 with different # of E1s connected to them for
providing dial-up access to users. I've been sucessfully monitoring active
ppp sessions on these ASs by using external scripts that return as IN the
number of active sessions and as OUT a hardcoded value of maximum ppp calls
(depending on the number of E1s the AS has) either on a table (manually
mantained :( ) or by using a different script for each AS. Each one of this
options were nice when we had few ASs but since the number of AS is growing
a lot (and so the table), I'm trying to find a way to determine the second
value automatically, I've thought of doing a snmpwalk, counting the number
of DS0s and multiplying that by 30, but that wouldn't give me the number of
NON-shutdown DS0s and since the AS has 240 possible asyncs the snmpwalk
takes a while.
Anyone sees other option?

Best regards,
Luis