[mrtg] Re: Burst traffic

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Dec 14 19:14:06 MET 2001

Here's what I would do....

Add an entry called AbsMax and put 192000 (remember
a "K" is not 1024, but 1000 in communications) for a value.
Make your MaxBytes value 128000 (or whatever your CIR actually is).

That way, you'll be able to catch the burst, and not discard any of the packets.

Paul

>>> "Alejandro Cabrera Obed" <sisdis at tournet.com.ar> 12/14/01 01:04PM >>>
Thanks Paul,

Sorry but I can show you the grapfic because it was last week and there's no
a graphic log. The CIR that my ISP guarantees to me is 128 Kbps.
My Max speed is 193 KBps, and the people from my ISP now says that this
behavior is caused for the ATM switches from the backbone, they are very
fast and sometimes they make traffic increase.....

Maybe you have another idea....

Regards,

Alejandro.