[mrtg] Re: mrtg-2.9.17 installation help

Andy Ziegelbein andy_ziegelbein at rac.ray.com
Mon Dec 17 19:33:37 MET 2001

Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable so that it contains
the path to the location of 'libpng.so'.  I am running MRTG under
Solaris 2.6 and have this file located in /usr/local/lib on my system.
If you're not sure where the file is located, try the following:

if you are logged in as root... 'find / -name "libpng.so*" -print'
if you are not logged in as root... 'find / -name "libpng.so*" -print
2>/dev/null'

This command may take some time as it is searching through your entire
file system starting at '/'.  Once you have the location of the
libpng.so file, you can add this to the path as follows:

under korn/bourne shell:
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/lib

under C shell:
% setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/lib

where /usr/local/lib is the path to the libpng.so file.

Good luck.