[mrtg] cpu on the cisco 7206vxr

the ducker theducky1 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:16:09 MET 2001

Hello all,

Posting a newbie question I know, but I swear this is after I've RTFM, there
is just something I don't see, and I am very short on time so I hope someone
can help.

I copied and pasted the bit out of the manual that shows a sample ".cfg" for
a catalyst switch. I have looked on the CCO, and cannot find anywhere that
says the OIDs for cpu usage should be different for a 7206 router as opposed
to the catalyst switch in the example. When I use the following pasted into
a config file:

# Router CPU load %
Target[cpu.1]:1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0:my_community at my_addr
RouterUptime[cpu.1]: my_community at my_addr
MaxBytes[cpu.1]: 100
Title[cpu.1]: CPU LOAD
PageTop[cpu.1]: <H1>CPU Load %</H1>
Unscaled[cpu.1]: ymwd
ShortLegend[cpu.1]: %
XSize[cpu.1]: 380
YSize[cpu.1]: 100
YLegend[cpu.1]: CPU Utilization
Legend1[cpu.1]: CPU Utilization in % (Load)
Legend2[cpu.1]: CPU Utilization in % (Load)
Legend3[cpu.1]:
Legend4[cpu.1]:
LegendI[cpu.1]:
LegendO[cpu.1]: &nbsp;Usage
Options[cpu.1]: gauge

I get a strange web page with no values posted. I know the first time you
don't see much of a graph, but I should see some numerical values in the
"min/max/avg In/out" statements at the bottom, right? Is there an error in
what I have edited? Sorry if this has been asked a million times!

Best Regards,
Kyle