[mrtg] Re: Wrong values in ATM PVC monitoring for Cisco Router

Joe Strause strause at ceni.com
Tue Dec 18 14:42:16 MET 2001

Richard,

I have to same issue here. I am using a Shasta BSN 5000 and my usage is
always higher on my end than it is on the Cisco end.
The difference I have is that between the Shasta and the Cisco 7507, (I know
your using 7204) I have an ASX 200 Marconi that
I am also graphing. It always shows the same values as the Shasta ports but
its always 2 megs less at the Cisco end. The only
explanation I could ever come up with is that the Shasta pumps out a lot of
"management" traffic that the Cisco drops before it
records he SNMP values.
I don't know if this helpful at all, but I'd curious to see what you find
out.

Thanks,
Joe Strause