[mrtg] Re: SMTP and POP3 Monitoring

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Dec 26 19:51:10 MET 2001

Ah, now we're getting somewhere....you want to know HOW MANY emails,
not the traffic (in bytes) involved...

Consider how you would get this information via a command line interface...

Then write a small script to automate that.  Then put it into the format
MRTG requires...

I don't know of an OID that would give you this information.

Paul

>>> "zeeshan ahmed" <zeshann at worldcall.net.pk> 12/26/01 01:43PM >>>
i just want to monitor how much emails come and go from my server.
so can ti do it.