[mrtg] Re: monitoring via. RTTMON

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Fri Feb 2 17:07:06 MET 2001

Patrick Bartkus wrote:
> It looks like a neat facility in the newer IOS. It looks a little
> complicated to set up SNMP-wise. CiscoWorks 2000 has a module "Cisco
> Internetwork Performance Monitor" that appearently uses it extensively. Just
> to do a simple ping measurement seemed like you have to set about a dozen or
> so MIB values and then later query the result from another MIB value.

Yes, it's the SNMP setup part that's the real problem here. If anyone
on this list had a chance to get a snoop of a few minutes of traffic
between IPM and a router, that would help immensely!

> I thought about diving in myself to develop something, but my real work
> interferred... (isn't that always the way <G>).

Luckily(?), this just became real work, so I'm have to spend the
weekend reading the RTTMON MIB and docs.

Thanks a bunch for your help!!

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway